November 1 2012 At sea

Winners and Losers

The winners of the 30 day cumulative team trivia were announced today and as we all expected, the team which has taken the lead from the very beginning won with the highest score Jason has seen before. Jason said that despite very close scrutiny there was never any evidence that they, or indeed any other team, did anything untoward. Obviously the rest of the teams have been suffering from trivia envy for having such unflattering thoughts about a team which has just been plain smarter than the rest of us.

For their win they each received a jacket with their team name embroidered on it. The two teams which tied for second received a Pinnacle lunch and the team who sat next to my team for the entire competition, were very excited to hear they came last. That hadn’t been their aim but they were awarded a certificate for a free lunch in the Lido with unlimited tea and coffee (which if you’re familiar with HAL, you will know that the Lido is complimentary anyway!)

Trish had a bottle of champagne so brought it along for our trivia team today. All I can say is, no wonder we don’t win! (We ended up 8th out of 27 teams.)

Tonight was our last formal dinner which was followed by the Officers’ Black and White Ball. Unfortunately I have developed a sore throat so since I go back to work the day after I arrive back in Australia, I opted for room service and an early night.  I must say that I find the room service Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce to be one of my favourite desserts.And in case you think otherwise, yes, I can still fit into my formal clothes so that wasn’t the reason I didn’t attend.

1 comment:

  1. I have very much enjoyed reading your blog, i am doing the same journey in 2013. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete