October 14, 2012 At sea

Mad Dogs and ….

After going to a guided meditation session first thing this morning with the on board life stylist, Jai, I went to the Good Morning Westerdam interview. On sea days Jason, our Cruise Director, interviews different people, either crew or guest performers, and today he had The Unexpected Boys in the hot seat. All of them made for a very funny and informative discussion – and a number of women lined up for photos with them afterwards.

I then spent some time relaxing on one of the padded teak steamer chairs on the Promenade Deck, listening to my iPod and spotting a whale and numerous pods of dolphins as we cruised south-westerly. On the shady side of the ship there was a very pleasant breeze and it was wonderful to be out there.

And the title for today - Mad Dogs and … well, not Englishmen – refers to what I saw when I walked out onto the Observation Deck at midday on my way to the other end of the ship. I was surprised to see all the deck chairs out in the open were occupied with people frying themselves in the sun. Sleeping under the midday sun so close to the Equator is not a good option – or so we have had drummed into us at home. Some were already visibly red so I would think they would have an uncomfortable night ahead of them.
I’ve found that if I come up to the Explorations Café late in the evening to gain internet access, it's not busy and I can easily find a free desk to work at. So at present I am sitting here, listening to David on guitar in the background as he performs in the neighbouring Crow’s Nest. Not a bad way to do spend some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment