October 6 2012 At sea

Smooth sailing

As yesterday, the sea is like glass, a barely noticeable swell and the temperature is warmer so more people were on the outside decks today, relaxing, exercising and swimming. I’ve heard from past passengers that the sea days between San Diego and Hawaii can be quite cold and rough but I’ve never seen the ocean so smooth before, even in more sheltered waters.

I spent some time relaxing on deck while I completed the daily Suduko, then did a few laps of the Promenade Deck so I wouldn’t feel guilty about not attending the gym or Tai Chi again (and also to walk off some of my lunchtime desserts).

After lunch I went to the Team Trivia and we have now found our American team mate, Trish. Unfortunately the very first question was a sports question and she couldn’t help! We didn’t do too badly though so we will now stay as a team for the rest of the cruise.

I have opted for anytime dining, meaning I do not have a set dining time but turn up when I wish and get seated with different people each night. Tonight was formal night and there was a wait to get seated so I went to the Captain’s reception first then stayed for a few songs of the show tonight but decided it wasn’t really my thing. Back at the restaurant there was still a wait of about 10 minutes and I was eventually seated with two couples, one from New Jersey and the other from New Zealand, which made for good company and conversation during dinner.

Tonight the clocks go back another hour, giving us two 25 hours days out of three. The only problem with this is that when we return to San Diego we will be having several 23 hours days to adjust back to US Pacific time.

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget to search out those good chocolates after dinner! DEbbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather looks beautiful, love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Love reading your blog posts. We will be taking this same cruise in April. Someone on the Cruise Critic "roll-call" for our cruise posted your blog address. We look forward to following you on your journey! Val

    ReplyDelete