October 3, 2012 San Diego

The Waiting Game

Today was a lazy day, sleeping in and then doing some last minute shopping before the cruise starts tomorrow. I caught the trolley back to Mission Valley, again not finding what I wanted but buying some other items instead. It’s always interesting to see the differences in both products and prices in other countries so I picked up a few things which I hadn’t seen back home. I do think though that when it comes to mall food courts, Australia wins when it comes to a better range of healthier eating options.

The hotel I’m staying in, the Holiday Inn on the Bay, is right on the waterfront in San Diego and I will have a great view of the Westerdam tomorrow morning as it should dock directly opposite – so close in fact that I will catch the lift downstairs, walk out the door, cross the road and be at the dock. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to the ship but it would take me longer to walk to the hotel lobby to catch the shuttle, rather than just crossing the road with my luggage.

 Also along the waterfront from the hotel is a maritime museum with a variety of vessels from old clippers to submarines so the photos below show the view from my balcony and some images taken at sunset this evening.
 
View from my hotel balcony with Star of India in background
 
Figurehead of Star of India



 
Now I'm in countdown mode for tomorrow when I board the Westerdam for my 30 night cruise.

1 comment:

  1. Really looking forward to your blog, Bev!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete