October 5 2012 At sea

What a difference a day makes!


The clocks were turned back an hour last night which meant I had an extra hour to sleep in. Although the hotel in San Diego was in a great location, there was a lot of outside noise from both the international airport and naval base, so last night was really quiet in my cabin with just the hum of the air conditioning and the movement of the ship itself.
Now that we are out in the ocean the temperature has dropped, although not enough that I needed a sweater outside (although others were wearing them). It was such a change from the San Diego heat and sunshine to an overcast day which didn’t allow some blue sky through until late in the afternoon. Apart from the dip in temperature, the seas are calm and everyone is finding plenty to do indoors. Not many were venturing outside, mainly those who were going for a brisk walk around the decks.



I spent some time in the Explorations CafĂ© where the internet manager is because after signing away an arm and a kidney for the largest internet package, I found that I can’t access it from my cabin, even though I’m getting the maximum signal there. It’s so frustrating!

Later this morning we had our first Cruise Critic Meet & Greet. So many turned up that we just about took over the entire Crows Next and Jason Venner, the Cruise Director came along and spoke to us and even the Captain and Hotel Manager put in an appearance.

This afternoon I joined a trivia team with two Canadian couples, Jenni and Norm, and Carol and John. We didn’t do too badly but we need a token American to help us with those pesky American sports questions they always throw in. Tomorrow the serious cumulative team trivia competition starts – that's when it turns into a blood sport!

After dinner this evening I went to the show – Dave Levesque, a comedic violinist who was pretty entertaining. And why I knew I found him entertaining was that I wasn’t checking my watch every 5 minutes!

Oh, and for the record, I didn’t make it to either the gym or Tai Chi today. Maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment